How I use IBM ILOG CPLEX Optimization Studio with Android (via AWS Cloud Windows Server or Linux)
IBM ILOG CPLEX Optimization Studio
CPLEX, or formally IBM ILOG CPLEX Optimization Studio is the heart product of the IBM Decision Optimization integrated system, is an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for iterative model development. The IDE includes Editor, parser, profiler, solver, DB connections and SPSS connector. Details…
This example is using Windows Server as the OS for the demonstration purpose. You can opt for Linux or MacOS for desktop or server setup. Special notes for Linux and MacOS are available at the end of the blog.
- Setup AWS
- Choose Amazon Machine Image (AMI): Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Base 64-bit (x86)
- Choose Instance Type: t2.small t2.small (sydney) 0.0224 / hour = monthly US$ 28.11
- Create Key pair
- Get Password Jot down your
- Remote Desktop Connection Download Android Remote Desktop Connection
- Software: Install IBM ILOG CPLEX Optimization Studio Free Edition IBM ILOG CPLEX Optimization Studio Free Edition is a no charge subscription. The commercial edition, IBM ILOG CPLEX Optimization Studio, is for solving larger models having more than 1000 variables and/or 1000 constraints.
- Register a IBM ID / account
- Log in
- Go to https://www.ibm.com/account/reg/us-en/signup?formid=urx-20028#optimiser.com
- Download Windows version (or Linux or MacOS)
8. Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x64) 9. Use CPLEX Studio
Notes for Linux
- The installer for IBM ILOG CPLEX Optimization Studio is distributed as a .bin file cplex_studioXXX.linux-x86.bin. This installer can be used on both 32-bit and 64-bit Linux platforms. .bin files are Linux self extracting files.
- Move the .bin file into
- Make sure the .bin file is executable. If necessary, change its permission using the chmod command from the directory where the .bin is located:
chmod +x COSCE128LIN64.bin
- my installation location is
- To initialise CPLEX Studio through terminal:
cd .. cd .. cd IBM/opl/oplide ./oplide